photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

April 24, 2015

Review: The Wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan - A thrilling ending

The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)

Title: The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
Author: Page Morgan
Publisher:
 Random House Canada
Publication date: April 14, 2015
 
Genre(s): Young Adult (Historical/Fantasy/Paranormal)
Source: Publisher
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 352
Since the Waverlys arrived in Paris, the streets have grown more fearsome by the day. As Ingrid learns to master her lectrux gift, she must watch Axia's power grow strong enough to extend beyond her Underneath hive. By all indications, the fallen angel's Harvest is near-and the timing couldn't be worse.

Targeted by vengeful gargoyles, Gabby has been exiled to London for her own protection. Meanwhile, the gargoyle castes are in disarray, divided between those who want Luc to lead them and those who resent him and his fondness for humans. The Alliance is crumbling from the inside as well, its members turning against one another, and possibly against the Waverlys, too.

Axia has promised that the world will burn. And now, unable to trust the Alliance, separated from Luc, Gabby, and her twin, Grayson, Ingrid is left to face the demon uprising alone.
 
The Dispossessed trilogy is officially one of my favourite YA trilogies. This trilogy has everything in it: supernatural, historical, paranormal, fantasy, romance, and kick butt feminist protagonists. This trilogy doesn't have a single POV, it somehow switches from one to the other, including the main protagonist Ingrid, her twin Grayson, her younger sister Gabby, as well as several other secondary characters (though at a minimum). Usually this would create confusion and you immediately like and dislike some of the POVs, however in this trilogy, and specifically The Wondrous and the Wicked, I loved all the POVs.. however I do have a favourite and it is Gabby. She's the youngest but she's so independent, and I just love her determination.. also her love interest is very swoon worthy. 
When I started The Wondrous and the Wicked, I was afraid I would have forgotten many things from the first two books, but even though I read them a year ago, I was able to remember everything. Only a few books tend to do that, and those are the unique ones you would never be able to confuse with all the other books you read between the previous book and the sequel. The author doesn't waste time trying to recap every single thing that happened previously.. and I'm glad.. I hate it when books spend pages recapping everything. We dive right into the action and it was marvellous. I was hooked from the beginning and just couldn't imagine how everything would go down and how every one of the main character's as well as secondary character's problems will be solved by the end of the book. 
I said it before and I'll say it again, Morgan knows how to blend all of the different genres and not overwhelm the readers as well as the plot. I've recently read a few books who couldn't handle just a mix of two genres, let alone the five Page Morgan was handling. I just adored this whole trilogy and the action scenes were fantastic. A blend of paranormal in the form of gargoyles, supernatural in the form of powers given to certain people, set in early 1900 in paris. Let's not forget the very memorable and kick butt female characters as well as all the male counterparts and the superb romance. I definitely will be recommending this trilogy to any fan of young adult, and even adult genres. Thank you so much Page Morgan for writing such a fantastic trilogy and for introducing me to the world of Ingrid, Gabby, and Greyson. Two weeks after I read this last book and I am still heartbroken that it is over. 
My reviews of the the rest of the series:

No comments:

Post a Comment