photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

April 08, 2015

Review: Mr.Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas - Veronica Mars love

Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars, #2)
Title: Mr.Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars, #2)
Author: Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Publisher:
 Random House Canada
Publication date: February 3, 2015
 
Genre(s): Adult (Mystery)
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Pages: 330
The Neptune Grand has always been the seaside town’s ritziest hotel, despite the shady dealings and high-profile scandals that seem to follow its elite guests. When a woman claims that she was brutally assaulted in one of its rooms and left for dead by a staff member, the owners know that they have a potential powder keg on their hands. They turn to Veronica to disprove—or prove—the woman's story.

The case is a complicated mix of hard facts, mysterious occurrences, and uncooperative witnesses. The hotel refuses to turn over its reservation list and the victim won’t divulge who she was meeting that night. Add in the facts that the attack happened months ago, the victim’s memory is fuzzy, and there are holes in the hotel’s surveillance system, and Veronica has a convoluted mess on her hands. As she works to fill in the missing pieces, it becomes clear that someone is lying—but who? And why?
Mr.Kiss and Tell was another great addition to the world of Veronica Mars. I am a huge fan and have been since the show was airing back in 2004-2007. Seeing the Veronica Mars world told in books brings me so much joy and I really enjoyed this second installment. The mystery aspect was a plus and I enjoyed guessing and trying to figure out (and always failing!) who the perpetrator is. 
In Mr.Kiss and Tell, we get to meet many of the old Veronica Mars crew and actually spend time with them. This includes Weevil, as well as Wallace and Mac. I really love the three (V, Wallace, and Mac) and their scenes together were hilarious, as usual. Having Rob Thomas be a part of the book is so important for keeping the authenticity of the characters and their voice. We also see more of Logan, hallelujah! I have been waiting so long for this and was slightly disappointed when all we got were Skype sessions on The Thousand Dollar Tan Line. Logan and Veronica just give me all the good feels. They are one of my favorite tv couples ever and I love them together. So bonus to Mr.Kiss and Tell for finally giving us marshmallows more scenes with those two. This book is a mystery, and it was definitely an interesting one. It is interesting how even the mysteries (whether victims, accused, or witnesses) always tie in to people we already have seen or caught a glimpse of in the show. 
The mystery in Mr.Kiss and Tell definitely made my blood boil. Because it is basically about someone who raped and then physically abused a girl and dumped her like a piece of garbage on the side of a road. I wanted the rapist and abuser to be caught so badly and the book definitely taunted us with those feelings. I like that even with the mystery, multiple stories are still continuing including the problem with the corrupt sheriff's department, as well as Logan's impeding deployment. I definitely enjoyed Mr. Kiss and Tell and I can't wait for more books in this series. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved the first book, but I was SO disappointed that Kristen Bell didn't narrate the audiobook for this one. I'm definitely going to pick it up, though.

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping Logan would be a bit more present in this one. The last one was a disappointment in that regard, but otherwise it was brilliant. I wanted the audio, but this one wasn't narrated by Kristen so I really didn't see the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice review! I still need to read this one! It's in my TBR Mountain of Doom though! Glad you enjoyed it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete