photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 29, 2013

Epic Recs: Introducing my partner in crime & December book!

So Amber @ Books of Amber recently wrote a post introducing Epic Recs which she and Judith @ Paperiot started. The slogan above explains it all. Through this book club, you and a friend force...err.. recommend books to each other... and you must read that book. By the end of the month you each make a post of the book you read, your thoughts and opinions, and also including next month's recs. 

I ALWAYS try to make myself pick up books that aren't part of my review list and I mostly do that through my books in a jar meme at my YouTube channel, however this book club isn't confined to the books I own, but to any book the recommender wants to recommend, and while that might sound scary at first, at least to me, I quite like this arrangement! 

Before we go ahead to the recommending, I should introduce the person who's doing this with me and that person is Mel at The Daily Prophecy. I have always loved Mel's blog and check it frequently and once I knew she was interested in doing this book club, I talked to her and voila! 


For the month of december, I recommended The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin because… I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! This series is just so unbelievably good and I want her to meet Noah! (Though he's mine since I met him first and all). Mel recommended Daughter of the Forest which is a YA fantasy that is a favorite of hers. It is 500 pages, which is quite intimidating, but she said that I'll fly through this book so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that! I already got this book from the library so I can't wait to start it. The synopsis sounds fantastic and it reminds me a tiny bit of The Girl of Fire and Thorns so I'm all for it! 

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)Daughter of the Forest  (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, #1)


THIS IS EXCITING! *runs off to start the book*
excited (1145) Animated Gif on Giphy

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! :D Can't wait to get started in my book and see what all the hype is about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is an awesome idea ladies! I look forward to seeing how you get on with your books! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read the unbecoming of mara dyer!!! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and idea! :D I love the Gif

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah <3 that is all. I've also heard great things about Daughter of the Forest! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm very excited you and Mel will be joining us, Juhina! I love love love Mara Dyer, so I can't wait to see what Mel thinks of that, and I knew she would be rec'ing a Juliet Marillier book, because she loves those, haha. I hope you both have a great time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mel too!!! I didn't realize she was in on this. I look forward to you guys chatting about the books!

    ReplyDelete