photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 18, 2013

Double Review: The Slither Sisters and Teacher's Pest by Charles Gilman



The Slither Sisters by Charles Gilman
January 15th, 2013
Random House Canada
4/5 stars
Add to Goodreads
A copy was provided by the publisher for review

This book immediately starts off from where Professor Gargoyle left off. Now that Robert and Glenn know the real truth behind Lovecraft Middle School, they keep facing dangerous situations. Two of their classmates are actually used as a disguise for two snake-women. Being disguised as middle schoolers, no one is suspicious of their actions. Robert, Glenn, and Karina make it their mission to not let the snake-women get away with what they are planning. This book turned out to be my favorite of the three I have read so far. I loved the adventures, and the story plot was really interesting. Now that Robert and Glenn know exactly what's happening in their school, they know what they're getting into. What's more exciting is that we meet two new characters that actually help the kids in their mission. In this book, Robert and Glenn's friendship grows, and it's great that the readers are able to see that. Also, the pictures in the book just make reading this a much more fun experience!! I really couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book. Despite it being a middle grade read, I really found myself enjoying it and looking forward to when I would be able to continue reading on. 




Teacher's Pest by Charles Gilman
May 7, 2013
Random House Canada
A copy was provided by the publisher for review
3/5 stars

I started this book as soon as I could because of how much I loved The Slither Sisters. Teacher's Pest was probably the most different of the three. It revolved more about Glenn and Karina, and it was great to find out more about the two. Karina was always just a "ghost", but this book really made her feel more real. We knew close to nothing about Glenn's family, but it's in this book where we actually find out more about his personal life. Let me give you a piece of advise. Do NOT read this book while eating, because there are many disgusting images in this book. Looking at the cover, you can obviously assume that you will encounter a lot of bugs in this read. Let me tell you, I hate bugs, and I was really disgusted at some parts during this book. *shivers* Anyways, the plot wasn't as great as the second book, but I was still able to enjoy myself. One thing is for sure, I can NOT wait for the fourth book! I really want to find out what happens next, and I'm shocked at how much I actually enjoy this series. I always thought that I would never enjoy middle-grade books, but I'm wrong. If you think you're too old for middle grade, you're not! These books are just so much fun and full of adventure, you'll find yourself enjoying them anyhow!

Click here for the review of Professor Gargoyle 



6 comments:

  1. I love these quirky covers! Going to check these out and add them to my TBR. Thanks for a new author to follow and some fun books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of these titles before - I'm not a fan of disgusting images but the books sound very creative and adventurous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you haven't heard of them! and they are creative! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. This series sounds so fun! Bugs are disturbing. Fantastic reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books aren't what I'd normally go for but that makes them really interesting. Thanks for the fab reviews, Farrah!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read up to The Slither Sisters in this series, but I've been really enjoying it so far! I loved all the background and history that was revealed in book two. I can't wait to get Teacher's Pest, mostly because it tells us more about Glenn's family. I had no idea! And ew, I hate bugs too.

    ReplyDelete