photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (38) - Fangirl

Fangirl
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Publication Date: September 10, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Find on: Goodreads
A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love. 

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories? Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?
I love love loved Eleanor & Park (review here) by Rowell and I can't WAIT to read Fangirl! Eleanor & Park was such a surprise, so realistic, heartbreaking, pure, and just unbelievably amazing. I hope I love Fangirl as much as I loved Eleanor & Park - Juhina

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we are excited about. 


    

18 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds adorable. I've yet to read E&P, but everyone's pretty much insistent that I do so, stat. Fangirl sounds promising, as well. :) Thanks for sharing. Off to make sure it's on my TBR list. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my TBR list, too. So much Rainbow Rowell lately and I still haven't had the chance to read Eleanor and Park.

    Also, and this is really random, the new nail polish I have on (Essie's Mint Candy Apple) is pretty much the exact same color (on me) as the background on your blog. Sorry, that was really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn't know Rainbow had another book planned so soon! This does sound so adorable! It's a shame we have to wait so long for it's release! Thanks for sharing this book with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Eleanor&Park but I've heard so much about that book and I'll definitely read it soon! And Rainbow's new book sounds so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard about this one recently and it instantly went on the TBR list - it sounds so cute!! Great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that this one appeals to more than Eleanor and Parker (what with me being a fangirl and all, haha!) but I'm still going to check out E & P as it received a lot of praise and I'm curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one! Not sure it's really my kind of read but I still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee, this one sounds so CUTE! And hilarious! And exactly what I need right now. *reaches for book*

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SO excited for Fangirl! Lol it's ridiculous how well I can relate to Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay so I admit I still haven't read E&P but I really want to! And now I'm super excited for this one too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually haven't read Eleanor and Park, but from what my sister says, it's really good. I'm a bit intrigued by the story behind Fangirl, and definitely want to check it out soon!

    My WoW for this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! I'm SO excited for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds SO AMAZING. I was so into fanfiction when I was a teen. And the cover is adorable. I cannot wait for this! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like an awesome book :D I love the cover. <3 So cute. I hope you guys will love this book when it comes out :) Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eleanor and Park was such a WONDERFUL book, and I'm happy you loved it too. And yes, I'm VERY excited for this one as well! I can't wait to read more of Rainbow Rowell's work :)

    ReplyDelete